Monday, February 21, 2011

More Tools in my Bag of Tricks

Well, I have to say, Math 6003 added even more tools to my bag of technology "tricks".  I learned how to use InspireData, Graph Club, and Geometer's SketchPad. I discovered so many wonderful websites, lesson plans,, and activities to support math curriculum, and new ways to apply software that his commonplace in schools: Microsoft Excel.  As a result of this class, I am looking forward to sharing my new knowledge with colleagues both formally and informally. Although this class has been one of the most challenging with regard to the number and depth of the assignments, I can honestly say that I am glad that I chose it. I know that I am much more aware of the Math Process and Content standards, and potential supports for students and teachers in relation to those standards. I am looking forward to sharing the tips, tricks, and tools.!

2 comments:

  1. Here is another online tool to add to your technology materials. www.conceptuamath.com. There are 13 free tools for teachers to use to teach fractions. Videos, standards alignment, lesson plans and IEP goals are listed for each tool. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip! I have heard of it, but not explored. Now that I am officially done with my graduate program, I have time to go back to fill in those missing pieces. I am truly looking forward to that and to reading some new books that I have found out along the way. Thanks again! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete