Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Weather Outside Was Frightful...

I'm sure that by now you have probably all been made aware of the crazy weather patterns that have been hammering away at the U.S. Well, last week, my family and I experienced mother nature's wrath firsthand in NH. On Thursday night during the most horrifying wind storm I have ever witnessed, the power went out along with the heat, water, and flushing toilets! I panicked. I was freezing, it was dark, and I had...oh no, what was I going to do about my two five page papers that were due that evening? I can't even flush my toilet let alone submit my Week Four Self Assessments. Thankfully, all it took was one quick email to each of my professors (from my in-laws house in MA, of course) and my mind was put at ease. Both of my professors were so understanding about my situation that they actually were more concerned about my anxiety to complete my work than me actually submitting the assignments. They asked if everything at the house was ok because they had heard about all the tree damage. They completely reassured me that I could do the work whenever and not to worry. Where else in the world can you go and get that kind of support and patience? I am so thankful that I have had the opportunity to learn under such wonderful professors at Lesley who recognize that above the idea that we are students, we have lives too.

No comments:

Post a Comment