Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The World Really IS Your Classroom!


Another reason why I have really enjoyed studying online is how I am able to take my work ANYWHERE! This feature is especially convenient during summer sessions as I can do my work on a dock, at the beach, in the park, or on the side of a cliff if I want to. I encourage you to reinvent your study and homework locations, especially with good weather!

One of my favorite moments while attending online courses was during the fall session when I was enrolled in Adult Developmental Psychology and I was reading Tuesday with Morrie on my back porch with my coffee, my favorite tree, the birds, and tears streaming down my face. Needless to say this environment was much nice than the average classroom and it allowed me to really connect to the subject matter; I know I would have held back on just how much the readings touched me if it were in a face-to-face discussion.

Also, I have learned in my current course, Cognitive Psychology, that studying and learning in different places helps with memory as it cuts down on environmental association of the new skills or facts being learned. Create your own classroom? Sounds great to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment