Friday, October 14, 2011

A unique experience


This class in writing HTML and designing webpages has been a total love/hate relationship. I love what I am learning and get so excited when I see a finished product that does what I want it to. On the other hand, I hate when I think I have it all under control and I look at a preview to see things are not what I wanted. Just adding a "td" or "tr" can totally screw up the works. The hours I have spent with the trial and error approach has my family wondering if this laptop computer is now an appendage! I have a new appreciation for those that can do this for a living. I am sure with a few more thousand hours, I could really get the hang of it. Fortunately, for all those out there I will not be switching careers to designing web pages. I have a friend who just designed her own web page for her business on her Mac with iWeb. I am a little jealous that it looks great and she did not have to be attached to her computer writing code for hours on end. I know that I could have cheated on occasion and used the editor, but I really wanted to understand and have control. I am admittedly a "control freak". I am also determined. I will finish strong and achieve my look. If you get a chance, check it out:
http://ada.lesley.edu/faculty/warrigon/Ecomp6009/wa110107/module5/unique.html . I was told in order to make myself stand out in this job market I needed to show how I am unique. This website is my attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment