Thursday, September 15, 2011

Web Design, Fun?


Here I am again, almost a full circle. I was the class blogger for one of my first classes at Lesley in pursuing my online graduate program and now I am on my final class to complete my Master's degree. I had never blogged before when I started. I now know so much more like, how to add video and pictures to a blog page (I'll try to find sometime to squeeze that in).
My final class is about web page design. I thought at first that this class was going to be a really tech type class with a lot of material that was above my head. Instead, I am brought back to my childhood when I would love writing secret messages in code.This class is about learning the HTML language used to write web pages. I am having a lot of fun with it. I write or place pictures into this code sequence, and then I can see it happen right before my very eyes. The instant feedback to see if I wrote the code correctly is a great way to learn. Of course, there are those moments when you try everything and it still does not appear the way you intended. That is when our instructor, Bill, comes to the rescue and usually untangles us from the web mess we created (no pun intended).
Picture source:secretbunker.co.uk

6 comments:

  1. It was a very nice posting. Your content u have mentioned is a great help to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing the codes could be daunting at first, but in time, you'll find it easier than reading a novel. What is difficult is backtracking the codes when you need to redo one portion of it. Except of course if the codes are as familiar to you as the lines on your palm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was the chic blogger for one of my aboriginal classes at Lesley in advancing my online alum affairs and now I am on my final chic to complete my Master's degree.

    Ottawa web designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. The same also happens in our web design classes and it is fun, indeed. Our creativity and ideas manifest before us as we write HTML codes. Good thing your mentor was there to help you out with your other concerns in web designing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Post...Website-designing career does not stop at getting educationally qualified and getting employed. If you want the development of your career as a web creator you need to constantly update yourself with the latest technical developments. The coding and programming languages go on changing and you need to have knowledge about those that are mostly in use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for this! I haven't been this moved by a blog for a long time! You’ve got it, whatever that means in blogging. Anyway, You are definitely someone that has something to say that people need to hear. Keep up the good work. Keep on inspiring the people!
    regards:
    Website Designing in indore

    ReplyDelete